Ovarian Cyst – Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
What is Ovarian Cyst?
Ovarian Cyst is common with women, who still have their periods. They either may be in solid form or in liquid form in your ovary. Generally, they are harmless and painless. So, you never know about it. You may get it each month as a part of your periods. They mostly go away without any treatment. Cyst is also popular in pregnant women.
It may become a problem if it gets bigger ad does not go away. It may become painful and also risk of cancer. But don’t worry it’s exceptional.
What are the causes of Ovarian Cyst?
These are the causes of Ovarian Cyst –
- Functional Cysts – Functional Cysts commonly get away without any treatment. They usually caused by hormone imbalance or by using drugs for helping you to ovulate.
- Pregnancy – It generally develops in pregnancy before the placenta creates. Sometimes, it stays in the ovary and may require to be removed.
- Endometriosis – Women who have endometriosis, may suffer with ovarian cyst. This is called Endometrioma. These endometriosis tissues can attach to ovary and produce growth. This type of Cyst can be painful during intercourse and during menstrual cycle also.
- Various Pelvic Infections – Pelvic infections may spread in the ovaries and also in fallopian tubes, which causes Cysts.
What are the symptoms of Ovarian Cyst?
- Lower Abdomen Pain. It may be irregular, or can be sudden.
- intermittent menstrual cycle.
- Vomiting and Nausea.
- Pain during sexual intimacy, while deep penetration.
- Feeling of fullness or Pelvic Pressure
- Vaginal Pain and Irregular bleeding.
- Abdominal sensitivity and distension
- Feeling filled early while eating
- Sustained lower back pain during the menstrual cycle
- Pelvic Pain during exercise or forceful activity
- Problem during bowel movements
- There is no control on urination
- Pain and pressure during Urination
- Failure to empty the belly fully
- Heavy Weight Gain (How to lose weight)
- Weakness and Fainting
- Difficult to get pregnant or infertility
Issues Faced in Ovarian Cyst
Generally, ovarian cysts go away without any treatment. But in some exceptional cases, it may observe a cancerous Cyst. Sometimes, the cyst turns or move from the original position. Blood supply to ovary is blocked, it may causes death to the ovarian tissues. Although, it’s rare so there are only 3% of gynecologic surgeries.
Ruptured Cysts are also very rare. It may cause internal bleeding and intense pain also. It increases the risk of infection and may be life-threatening, if not treated well.
How to cure Ovarian Cyst?
Many of the Cysts don’t need to treat, they recover on their own.
Watchful Waiting – Ovarian cysts, especially liquid cysts in women are watched for 1 to 3 months. If cyst has dissolved in these months or there is no change in size and position, no treatment is required. If it doesn’t dissolve, treatment is required. The treatment depends upon the age of patient, size and type of cyst and also symptoms.
Contraceptive Pills – Doctor may prescribe contraceptive pills to cut down the chances of developing new cyst in future periods. As longer you take contraceptive pills, as the risk of Cyst decreases.
Online Professional Home Remedy Plan – This online plan help remove ovarian cyst in 30 to 60 days naturally without any medicine or surgery. It is just that you have to follow it with disciple to achieve your goal of removing it so that body start behaving in that direction.
Medications – Some pain killers like paracetamol can be used in reducing Pelvic Pain. Although, these medicines don’t help to disappear the cyst, but it provides comfort to the symptoms.
Surgery – If it’s complicated to treat cyst by medicines, doctor may recommend removal of the cyst. If it is growing or moving, Surgery is needed to get rid of Cyst.
In some cases, doctor may recommend to remove the infected ovary and giving up the other untouched in a procedure called Oophorectomy.
Also Read – How to get rid of Fibroid Naturally